Don't be a Scrooge this holiday season! Serve this classic, delicious pudding loaded with chocolate, spices, and dried fruit. You can even flambe with some liquor right before serving for an even merrier holiday feast! In the words of Tiny Tim, "God bless us, everyone!"
Source: BigOven Editorial
1. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cocoa powder, and bread crumbs. Set aside.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, orange zest, and orange juice until well combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Gently fold the apple, raisins, apricots, pecans, and chocolate chips into the batter.
5. Grease a 4-cup heat-safe bowl or pudding basin with butter. Transfer the batter to the buttered bowl and use a spatula to smooth the top of the batter. Tightly cover the bowl with cling wrap or parchment paper. Wrap the bowl again with aluminum foil.
6. Place the bowl in a slow cooker. Add cool or room temperature water to the slow cooker until the water reaches about halfway to two-thirds of the way up the side of the pudding bowl. Cover the slow cooker.
7. Cook on high for 5 hours. Let cool for 15 to 30 minutes before unwrapping the pudding. Serve warm or store at room temperature and reheat in the microwave before serving. Invert the pudding onto a serving plate to serve.
8. If you wish to flambé the pudding before serving, warm the brandy and orange peel in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat. Do not let the brandy come to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat and tilt to one side. Use a long match or long-handled lighter to light the brandy in the saucepan. Pour the flaming brandy over the pudding. Alternatively, you can pour the warmed brandy over the plated pudding and then light it. Wait until the flame is extinguished before cutting and serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (202g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 183 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.4g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.7g||48 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 57.2mg||18 %|
|Sodium 478.5mg||16 %|
|Potassium 706.2mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 111.8g||33 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 105.1g|
|Protein 10.6g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 661
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.