1. Rough chop the Conch and set aside.
2. Mix together all of the other ingredients, but withhold a little of the flour. Add the chopped Conch and mix up well. The batter should be fairly thick. You should be able to place some on a spoon, turn the spoon over, and it'll stay there. If it's not thick enough add more flour, a little at a time, until you've got the proper consistency.
3. Heat oil at least 1" deep in a black frying pan. When the oil is hot enough, about 350 degrees, place fritters into the hot oil. You to tablespoons to make fritters. get some of the fritter batter in one spoon, then use the other to slide it directly into the hot oil.
4. Fry until they're brown on one side, then flip them over to brown the other side. Take them out of the oil, and place them on a grate to drain. Sprinkle immediately with salt.
5. Serve immediately while hot, with Cocktail Sauce and Tarter Sauce on the side.
6. Butt Kickin' Blacken contains neither salt nor sugar, and can be ordered at www.capnrons.com.
7. If you use a different blacken seasoning blend, be careful because most of them include a lot of both salt and sugar. You'll have to adjust the recipe accordingly.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (156g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 31 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.4g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 119mg||37 %|
|Sodium 552.7mg||19 %|
|Potassium 250.9mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.7g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 26.7g|
|Protein 25.5g||36 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 254
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.