1. Peel and cube potato; set aside
2. Cut up Bacon into small pieces.
3.In large Saucepan on low heat, fry the bacon until crisp.
4. Add in onion and garlic, saute until onion is transparent.
5. Stir in Cream Corn, Chicken Broth, Water, Potato, and Spices.
6. Cover with lid, bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, should be around 15-20 minutes.
7. Whisk Flour and Milk until smooth. Slowly stir into chowder, continuously stirring as to not allow mixture to stick. This will thicken the chowder.
8. Stirring frequently, let the chowder simmer for a few minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (860g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 187 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.8g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.6g||33 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 28.6mg||9 %|
|Sodium 1229.4mg||42 %|
|Potassium 1041.3mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 108g||32 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.8g||31 %|
|Sugars, other 100.3g|
|Protein 18.4g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 669
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.