1. Mix water, buttermilk, oil and 1 1/2 cups of flour. Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth
2. Add sugar, eggs and salt. Stir together until smooth. Then stir in yeast
3. Allow to sit uncovered for 15 minutes. Then add flour a 1/2 cup at a time. Stir until it becomes hard to mix and is just a little bit sticky (note: you may not need all the flour).
4. Knead the dough in electric stand mixer for 5-6 minutes with dough hook (or 8-10 min by hand)
5. Place dough in lightly oiled bowl. Spray top of dough lightly with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in warm place for about 1 hour.
6. Pour out onto lightly floured surface. Cut dough in half and degas the dough. Shape dough into 2 rectangles to fit a 5x9 loaf pan. Roll the dough like a jelly roll being sure to lightly press with each rotation of the dough. Pinch the seams closed. Place into two greased 5x9 loaf pans. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise until double in bulk (about 45-60 min).
7. After dough has proofed, make egg wash and brush tops of the loaves. Wait 5 minutes and brush them again.
8. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. A thermometer should read 180 degrees in center of loaf.
9. Remove from pans and cool on wire rack.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1968g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 994 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 110.5g||147 %|
|Saturated Fat 21g||105 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 61.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 16.8g|
|Cholesterol 2125.7mg||654 %|
|Sodium 1066.8mg||37 %|
|Potassium 1987.5mg||52 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 342.3g||101 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.4g||45 %|
|Sugars, other 331g|
|Protein 102.8g||147 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2697
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!