1. Dump salsa, chili, beans, corn and chipolte chili into crock pot and stir.
2. Put taco mix and flour in a ziploc bag and shake chicken breast one at a time to coat. Sink into salsa mixture in the crock pot.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
30 minutes before you are ready to serve...
3. Start cooking the rice according to package directions.
4. Take two forks and shred your chicken. (I do it directly in the pot.) Continue cooking on low.
5. Warm a large skillet (medium high heat) with a little oil and add your green peppers. Stir and cook for 5 then add your onions. Sauté to desired texture.
Place rice on plates. Top with chicken and vegetables. Add cheese and sour cream as needed.
*About canned chipotle chilis in adobo sauce- You won't have to throw the rest of the can away. They can be refridgerated or frozen and are great to have on hand for extra flavoring. Don't be scared to try them.
If you don't want to be bothered with the sautéing of the onions and peppers and washing another dish, just add them to the crock pot in the last hour (or more depending on your texture preferences) of cooking. It all depends on who's doing the dishes! : )
Not a morning person? Prep your ingredients- with the exception of the chicken- in ziploc bags the night before so you can dump and run.
Don't forget to use a crock pot liner if you have one!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (310g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 24 (10%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.7g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 37mg||11 %|
|Sodium 688.5mg||24 %|
|Potassium 668.2mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 32.5g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.2g||25 %|
|Sugars, other 26.3g|
|Protein 20.4g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 232
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.