1. Cut the cucumbers in quarters, lengthwise, and remove the seeds with a spoon. Dice the cucumber quarters.
2. Heat oil in a large pan and sauté the cucumber seeds and chopped onion.
3. Add crushed garlic (optional), meat and diced cucumber. Stir until the meat is brown.
4. Add tomatoes and season to taste. Simmer until cucumbers are soft.
5. Stir in the quark or cream cheese.
6. Serve with pasta, rice or boiled potatoes.
You may want to experiment with the seasoning. Paprika and oregano give it an Italian flavour.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (23048g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 313 (69%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 34.7g||46 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.1g||65 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 105.5mg||32 %|
|Sodium 107.4mg||4 %|
|Potassium 725.2mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.6g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 8.6g|
|Protein 24.4g||35 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 452
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.