1. First cut 6 slices of bread from loaf of oregon bread.(thick slices)
2. Make a 1" hole in the middle of each slice.
3. Heat up a 12" fry pan on stovetop to a mid heat.
4. Butter both sides of bread.
5. Crack egg in fry pan sunny side up.
6. Place bread over egg so the sun shines through the hole (the 1" hole you made earlier)
7. Let cook about 2 min... more or less.
8. Flip to cook other side.
9. Let cook till lightly toasted on that side.
10. Flip back over and put the slice of cheese on top to block the sun from shining through
11. Lower heat and cover to let cheese melt.
12. Home made oregon bread is best for this and Cheddar Cheese slices.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (311g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 330 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 36.6g||49 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.8g||74 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.2g|
|Cholesterol 1089.2mg||335 %|
|Sodium 752.2mg||26 %|
|Potassium 411.5mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.6g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 16.8g|
|Protein 40g||57 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 561
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.