1. Wash your fruit, pick out any bits of stalk and hull the strawberries.
2. Put fruit and sugar in a pan, cover, and cook slowly for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. When the berries let out their juice, turn up the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Let the fruit cool, then blend it until its smooth.
5. Pour the blended fruit through a sieve to remove the seeds.
6. Pour the sieved fruit into ice cube trays and freeze until solid.
7. Put the cream in a bowl and whip it until it forms soft peaks when you lift the whisk.
8. Let the frozen berries thaw for 5 minutes, then roughly chop in a food processor. Add the cream.
9. Whizz to combine, then add icing sugar to taste. Serve now (it is quite soft), or freeze for an hour before serving.
If the ice cream is frozen solid, leave it in the fridge for 30-40 minutes to soften before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (200g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 89 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.9g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.8g||29 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 34.2mg||11 %|
|Sodium 11mg||0 %|
|Potassium 251.4mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.5g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.9g||24 %|
|Sugars, other 33.6g|
|Protein 2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 243
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.