1. Put a large, non-stick, lidded pan on a medium heat
2. Melt the butter
3. Gently cook the following ingredients for 5-8 mins, until softerned:
Celery / Red pepper / Garlic / Spring onions & Bay leaf
4. Increase the heat a couple of notches and add the chicken to the pan (should sizzle)
5. Cook while stiring occasionally until all the pieces have tuned white with some light brown edging
6. Add chorizo and fry off until the oils begin to coat the veg and chicken
7. Add the rice and stir until all of the rice is lightly coated in the chorizo oil
8. Stir in the tomatoes and chicken stock
9. Bring the contents of the pan to the boil and reduce to a simmer immediately on a very low heat
10. Cook for 25 minutes, stiring more frequently as the jucies are absorbed until the rice is cooked through but the Jambalaya is moist and lusious. If dry (unlikely) stir in a little water
Serve with Tobasco and Lemon wedges / zest
To change it up!!
Step 8. Add one or more of the following herbs depending on preferences.
1 tsp: Cayenne pepper / Oregano / Paprika / Parsley / Thyme
Step 10. Bang in some washed king prawns 5 minutes before the end of cooking to add some New Orleans flava
If reheating; add some water (the rice will continue to absorb it and will stop everything burning)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (219g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 64 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.1g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 50.7mg||16 %|
|Sodium 229.1mg||8 %|
|Potassium 368.6mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.4g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 6.2g|
|Protein 16.8g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 159
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.