Prepare Beef Mixture
1. Brown beef in skillet with the temperature on medium.
2. Add cooked onions, pepper and celery.
3. Add remaining ingredients for meat filling. Stir well with wooden spoon. simmer meat mixture for 15 minutes.
Prepare Dough Mixture
1. Dough will be easier to work with if you divide it into about six small portions.
2. Lightly flour the counter and roll each portion of dough to about 1/8" thickness.
3. Cut small circles with custard dish or biscuit cutter and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Spoon a heaping teaspoon of meat mixture on top of each circle of dough.
5. Fold dough over, covering meat, and press the edges together with a fork. Make about three openings, using the fork, in the top of the empanada for the steam to escape while baking.
6. Egg whites, thinned with water, may be brushed on top of the empanadas, if a nice gloss is desired.
7. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or freeze the empanadas to bake at a later date.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1472g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 3713 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 412.6g||550 %|
|Saturated Fat 113g||565 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 185.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 83.7g|
|Cholesterol 448.7mg||138 %|
|Sodium 4201.5mg||145 %|
|Potassium 2451.2mg||65 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 367.1g||108 %|
|Dietary Fiber 18.6g||74 %|
|Sugars, other 348.6g|
|Protein 144.1g||206 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5749
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.