1. In a small saucepan, heat the milk and honey over low heat until it reaches 105-115 degrees. Remove from heat, stir in the yeast, and set aside for 5 minutes. Whisk in the egg and melted butter.
2. Add the flour and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer. Fit the mixer with the dough hook attachment. With the mixer on low speed, gradually pour the milk mixer on low speed, gradually pour the milk mixture into the flour.
3. Continue to beat on low until the flour is incorporated, stop and scrape down the sides and bottom as needed. Turn the speed up to medium and mix for about 4 minutes, until the dough is smooth and sticky.
4. Scrape the dough out into a lightly oiled bowl. Brush a little oil over the top of the dough. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
5. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface , using as little flour as possible, gently knead the dough together.
6. Divide the dough in half. Divide each half into 8 equal sized pieces. You should have 16 dough balls (78 Grams each) . Roll each piece into a ball and flatten the ball into a disk.
7. Place the disks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper that has been dusted with cornmeal. Sprinkle more cornmeal over the tops Cover with a lint-free towel and set in a draft-free place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
8. Preheat the oven to 325 Degrees.
9. Heat a griddle over medium-low heat. Gently lift each disk with a plastic spatula nd place it on the griddle. Cook them for about 2 minutes each side, until lightly browned on both side. Work in batches.
10. Place the muffins back on the cookie sheet and bake them for 10-15 minutes. The internal temp should be about 200 Degrees.
11. Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (17g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 31 (72%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.5g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 21.6mg||7 %|
|Sodium 8.4mg||0 %|
|Potassium 34.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.3g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 2.2g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 43
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!