Delicious Veggie Enchiladas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in pan over medium heat. Saute onion and green pepper until onions are translucent. Add the garlic and saute for about a minute longer. Add black beans, refried beans, corn, and tomatoes with chilis. Stir until combined and remove from heat.
2. Place the enchilada sauce in a flat bottomed dish (like a pie pan) and place a tortilla on top of the enchilada sauce to slather the toritilla on one side. Place that tortilla "sauce side down" in a 9x 13” baking pan.
3. Place two large spoonfuls (about a 1/4 to 1/2 cup) of the bean mixture in the tortilla and roll shut. Do this to the remaining 7 tortillas. It should use all of the mixture.
4. For cream sauce, heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir for a couple of minutes (you're want to the lose the flour flavor). Add the green chilis and milk; stir until thickened. Add the cumin, salt and pepper.
5. Slather the "cream" sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Heat for 20 to 30 minutes in oven, or until cream sauce is nice and bubbly!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (367g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 124 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.7g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1096.6mg||38 %|
|Potassium 946.4mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 70.6g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.7g||43 %|
|Sugars, other 59.9g|
|Protein 15g||21 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 459
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.