1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Rinse the chicken inside and out with cold water. Dry with paper towels. Place the chicken in a roasting pan.
2. Mix the butter, herbs and garlic together in a small bowl. Place the herbed butter inside the body cavity of the chicken, along with the lemon slices. Rub the olive oil over the skin of the bird.
3. Roast for 15 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
4. Drain the buttery juices and slices of lemon and pour over chicken.
5. Let chicken rest for 20 minutes before carving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (233g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 337 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 37.5g||50 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.7g||58 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.5g|
|Cholesterol 177.7mg||55 %|
|Sodium 159.4mg||5 %|
|Potassium 435mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.5g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.4g|
|Protein 42.3g||60 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 519
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.