1. Begin heating the water for pasta.
2. Pit olives, if necessary, and chop finely.
3. Add oil to large frying pan and heat to medium heat.
4. Peel and mince garlic. Add to hot oil.
5. Mince anchovy and add to oil. Add red pepper flakes and stir.
6. Add black olives and saute for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add tomatoes to frying pan. This should be about the time when the pasta water is boiling. Let sauce simmer while pasta cooks.
8. When pasta is ready, add parsley to sauce and reduce heat. Drain pasta and serve.
Use high quality black olives, stored in oil or brine but not canned.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (155g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 44 (13%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.9g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 10.9mg||3 %|
|Sodium 156.9mg||5 %|
|Potassium 354.4mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 59.9g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 56.4g|
|Protein 14.2g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 343
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.