1. Peel eggplant and cut into sticks.
2. Salt and drain on paper towels for 15-30 minutes.
3. Rinse and pat dry.
4. Make a batter of milk, egg, salt and pepper.
5. Combine the flour, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste
6. Dip eggplant sticks in batter, roll in flour mixture and deep fry until golden.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (402g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1561 (91%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 173.4g||231 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.4g||62 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 123.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 29.6g|
|Cholesterol 57.4mg||18 %|
|Sodium 77.8mg||3 %|
|Potassium 438.6mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.6g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 32.9g|
|Protein 8.3g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1718
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.