1. Boil 350ml of water in a pot. Cut the tough ends from the asparagus and chop the remaining spears into 4cm pieces. Slice the steak into ribbons, as thin as your knife skills allow. Peel and chop the garlic finely.
2. Add the rice to the pot of boiling water and turn the heat to low. Cover the pot with a lid and leave on low heat for 10 mins. Finally, remove your pot from the heat and leave to rest for 10 mins. Don’t peek under the lid until the 20 mins are up!
3. Tip: Here’s a great trick for peeling the ginger: simply scrape the skin from the ginger using the edge of a spoon. Minimal waste and really easy! Now chop the ginger finely.
4. Mix the steak strips in a bowl with the cornflour and a pinch of salt and pepper. If necessary, complete this step away from prying eyes to protect your new found secret.
5. Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan on high heat. When the oil is almost smoking, add in the asparagus. Cook the asparagus for 2 mins to brown it off, before removing from the pan for later.
6. Add 1 tsp of oil into the pan on high heat and brown off the steak strips in two batches ( just over a minute per batch). The outside should be brown but the centre should remain pink. Tip: Cooking in batches will allow the meat to brown off (‘caramelise’) rather than stew.
7. Remove your beef from the pan and cook the garlic and ginger in 1 tsp of olive oil for 30 seconds. Add back in all of your steak, your asparagus, the soy sauce, the oyster sauce, the juice of half the lime and 3 tbsp of water. Add 1 tsp of sugar(if you have some). Cook for 2 more mins whilst tossing the ingredients. Tip: Add more or less water until you get the consistency and taste you like.
8. Fluff up your rice with a fork to separate the grains and then serve with your freshly cooked stir-fry. Juicy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (624g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 38 (7%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.2g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 273.2mg||9 %|
|Potassium 1802.8mg||47 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 119.1g||35 %|
|Dietary Fiber 13.6g||54 %|
|Sugars, other 105.5g|
|Protein 20.6g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 570
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!