Grape Roasted Duckling In Wine
1. Wash duckling and dry. Sprinkle salt and nutmeg in the cavity. Close openings with wooden picks. Tie legs together. Tie wings to body. Wrap bits of foil over legs and wings to prevent over cooking. Cover with wax paper to prevent splattering.
2. Place duckling with or without stuffing in microwave, breast side down in a baking dish. Cook at FULL POWER 6 minutes per pound or 24 minutes for a 4-lb duckling. After 12 minutes, turn bird breast side up and drain off accumulated fat. Continue cooking - Total Microwave time: 25-31 minutes
3. Remove from microwave oven; remove foil pieces and wax paper. Drain fat.
4. Blend wine jelly and cornstarch together. (You may need to add a bit of water.) Heat in a measuring cup in microwave oven 45 seconds or until thick and smooth. Add the grapes and heat at FULL POWER for 45 seconds more. Pour sauce over duck.
5. Roast in conventional range for 30 minutes at 400 deg.F. until skin is crispy brown and legs can be moved easily. Let stand 10 minutes.
Microwave: 25-31 minutes, Oven: 30 minutes
Total Prep Time: 2.5 hours
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (420g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 1146 (81%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 127.3g||170 %|
|Saturated Fat 42.8g||214 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 60.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 16.5g|
|Cholesterol 245.4mg||76 %|
|Sodium 210.6mg||7 %|
|Potassium 862.9mg||23 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20.5g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 18.8g|
|Protein 37.9g||54 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1418
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.