Please watch your machine in the first few minutes. I am finding that I need to add more flour - 1/4 cup or more to achieve the right texture - smooth and elastic. Also, this is a very high riser. If you do cook it in the bread machine make sure to spray the lid as I have had it hit the top more than once.
1. Measure ingredients into the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
2. I use the order listed in the recipe.
3. Set the machine for medium crust, and press start.
4. Makes 1 2 1/2 pound loaf.
5. *Ilike to use the bread machine just to do the dough.
6. Then I take the dough out and form a round loaf, let rise, then bake in the oven at 400 degrees.
Tastes as good as the kind that you buy. One of my kiddos favorites. Very easy - just throw it all in the bread machine and turn it on.
by Khandi Howard
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 loaf (1232g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 914 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 101.5g||135 %|
|Saturated Fat 46.2g||231 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 32g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10.2g|
|Cholesterol 2242.3mg||690 %|
|Sodium 5889.3mg||203 %|
|Potassium 1641.2mg||43 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 484.7g||143 %|
|Dietary Fiber 14g||56 %|
|Sugars, other 470.7g|
|Protein 109g||156 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3284
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.