1. Make the Lipton's Chicken Noodle Soup according to package directions. (Note don't buy the reduced salt package).
2. Add approx 1 cup macaroni noodles to boiling water and soup mix. Stir. (Can substitute cheese tortellini)
3. Add 1 cube of Chicken bouillon. (Try to look for a brand like McCormick which doesn't use MSG).
4. Reduce heat to medium.
5. Add 1/2 to 1 cup diced chicken or turkey meat. (I often freeze the leftover meat from a store bought cooked chicken for soup making later.)
6. Add 1/2 to 1 can of plum tomatoes cut up into small pieces, including juice from can. (Or use canned diced tomatoes, Di Marzio tomatoes or fire-roasted tomatoes). Note if you buy reduced salt ones you may need to add salt to the soup to get the same flavour.
7. Add 1/4 to 1/2 package of small block of Velvetta cheese cut into small pieces. Stir until melted into soup.
8. Add 1/4 cup milk.
9. Just before serving add 1/4 cup light sour cream (or plain regular yogurt) to soup and mix in. This makes the soup more creamy but if you don't want this ingredient just double the amount of milk or use homogenized milk.
Stir the soup frequently.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (206g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 9 (6%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 1.1mg||0 %|
|Sodium 19mg||1 %|
|Potassium 99.4mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.7g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 27.5g|
|Protein 5.3g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 147
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!