1. Combine flour, salt & baking powder into a bowl.
2. Add Lard and mix until well combined (i use a stand mixer)
3. While mixing, slowly add the lukewarm milk.
4. Continue mixing until a the result is a nice smooth ball of dough (this is where the mixer comes in hand as it might take a while)
5. Divide the dough into about 12 pieces and make into balls
6. Cover these with a damp cloth and let sit for 30-45 minutes
7. Roll the balls into round tortillas (about 6" diameter)
8. Heat griddle or heavy pan to medium heat.
9. Cook tortillas until golden brown (they might puff up a bit)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (68g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 12 (8%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.3g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 3mg||1 %|
|Sodium 28.2mg||1 %|
|Potassium 85.2mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 30g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 29g|
|Protein 4.8g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 154
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.