1. In a large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients and mix thoroughly (ground chuck, bread crumbs, 4 tbls. parmesan cheese, parsley, 2 cloves garlic, milk, eggs, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp. pepper, Italian seasoning).
2. Form meatballs using a small scoop. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator.
3. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic and cook, covered for 10-15 minutes.
4. Add chicken stock, dill, oregano, salt and pepper and bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low boil, and cook uncovered for 30-40 minutes.
5. Drop the meatballs into the soup and continue to cook for 30-40 minutes, until the meatballs float.
6. Add the acini di pepe and continue to cook for 6 minutes until pasta is tender.
7. Add spinach and parmesan and cook a few more minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (286g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 116 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.9g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 28.1mg||9 %|
|Sodium 485.7mg||17 %|
|Potassium 677.4mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 8.8g|
|Protein 9.5g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 196
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!