1. Cut tops off of peppers. Hollow out peppers - I use a crab pick under running water and that works really well. If you don't have a crab pick, you can try any manner of thin knives or small spoons.
2. Grate cheese and put into a small bowl. Drain the canned crab very well. Mix the crab with the cheese - there should be an even mixture of crab and cheese.
3. Using your fingers and, if necessary, the blunt end of a chop stick, stuff the crab and cheese mixture into the peppers.
4. Wrap each pepper with a strip of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
5. Bake peppers on a rack that has been set in a pan, so the bacon grease can drip into the pan. Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes, or until bacon is fully cooked.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (68g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 145 (78%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.2g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.3g||31 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 41.8mg||13 %|
|Sodium 342.2mg||12 %|
|Potassium 151.3mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 0.7g|
|Protein 8.7g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 186
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.