1. Bloom the yeast. Pour the warm milk into the bowl of a stand mixer. Sprinkle the yeast on top and stir to dissolve; let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
2. Make the dough. Add the sugar, salt, vanilla and eggs to the bowl and whisk until blended. Add 2 cups flour and mix with the dough hook to combine, stopping to scrape down the bowl. (The dough will be sticky; if it's too wet, add the remaining 1/4 cup flour.) Add the butter and mix until smooth.
3. Let it rise. Brush a large bowl with vegetable oil; add the dough and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in the refrigerator, at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Cut out the doughnuts. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment and dust with flour. Dust a clean surface with flour; turn out the dough onto the surface. Dust the dough with flour, then gently pat it out to make it easier to roll. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until about 1/2 inch thick. Cut the dough into 1 1/2-inch rounds with a cookie cutter; transfer to the prepared baking sheets. Reroll the scraps and cut out more rounds. Dust the dough rounds lightly with flour, cover with plastic wrap and let rest 1 hour in a warm place.
5. Fry them. Heat 2 to 3 inches vegetable oil in a large pot until a deep-fry thermometer registers 360. Working in batches, fry the doughnut, turning, until golden brown, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes total. Using tongs or skimmer, remove to paper towels to drain.
6. Fill with jelly. Fit a pastry bag with a 1/8-inch round tip; place the bag in a glass and cuff the open end over the glass. Fill the bag with jelly. Insert the pastry tip into the side of a doughnut and gently squeeze to fill. Repeat with the remaining doughnuts. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (17g)|
|Recipe Makes: 48 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 15 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.7g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 21.1mg||6 %|
|Sodium 10.1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 21.2mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.1g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 2g|
|Protein 0.9g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 27
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!