Who knew chicken can marry tofu and they can create such a fine family? They are perfect for each other and produce wonderfully flavored dish with awesome texture. Their kids can be quite versatile. They can serve you as appetizer, a meal with rice, or even as chicken tofu burger with bun. What’s your choice?
1. Put ground chicken in a mixing bowl.
2. Smash tofu with side of the knife. Place in a cotton cloth and squeeze out as much water as possible, and add to the bowl with chicken.
3. Put all the main ingredients in the mixing bowl and add 1 egg yolk, rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and salt and pepper. Mix them very well with hand.
4. Spray 2 pieces of foil with oil. Place half of the chicken girl making log shape, about 2" in diameter. Tightly cover the mixture with foil and pinch each ends to secure, and nothing runs out from the edges.
If you have the tool above (It is a bamboo roll typically used in making sushi), use it to round up the shape and secure the tightness of the log.
5. Place the logs on the the steamer in a shallow pan. Pour a little water and cover the pan. Steam the logs over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
6. Unfold the cover and cut each log into 1/2" thick slices. It will yield about 13-16 slices on each log.
7. Coat each slice with flour and then egg. Fry them in a little oil on nonstick pan on medium heat until golden brown.
8. Serve warm with rice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (24g)|
|Recipe Makes: 30 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 19 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.2g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 16.7mg||5 %|
|Sodium 27.6mg||1 %|
|Potassium 105.5mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.2g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 1g|
|Protein 2.4g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 34
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!