1. Dissolve 1 envelope Knox gelatin in 1/2 C. cold water.
2. Beat 6 egg yolks lightly, add 3/4 C. sugar, 5 T. lemon juice and rind of 1 1/2 lemons.
3. Cook in dbl. boiler till thick, about 10 minutes.
4. Remove from stove and add gelatin.
5. Beat 6 egg whites very stiff, add 3/4 c. sugar.
6. Add to cooked mixture and fold together.
7.Line 9" spring form pan with lady fingers, angel food cake or graham cracker crust.
8. Pour mixture in and set overnight in refrigerator.
9. Top with whipped cream.
Good light dessert. Serves guite a few according to how generous you want to be!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (134g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 97 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.8g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.8g||29 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 184.6mg||57 %|
|Sodium 55.7mg||2 %|
|Potassium 106.3mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 36.1g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 35.9g|
|Protein 5.2g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 254
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!