• Combine the ground meat, egg, salt and pepper until fully integrated. Shape into small meatballs (about the size of a golf ball). Reserve.
• Place tomatoes, water and Oaxaca paste on a blender. Blend until pureed.
• Heat oil in a deep pot over medium heat. Add the Oaxaca mixture and cook for 5 minutes. Taste sauce and season with salt if necessary. Add meatballs one by one, cover and cook under medium heat for 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
• Meanwhile, warm the rice and flour tortillas.
• Cut each meatball in 3-4 pieces about ½” wide. Spread a tablespoon of rice over the center of the tortillas. Top rice with meatball pieces and a spoonful of the sauce. Roll up, tucking in one end. Provecho!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (359g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 283 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31.4g||42 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.8g||49 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.6g|
|Cholesterol 77.1mg||24 %|
|Sodium 993.8mg||34 %|
|Potassium 594.7mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 88g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 83.5g|
|Protein 35.8g||51 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 791
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!