1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 trays with baking paper.
2. Use an electric mixer to beat butter until pale and creamy.
3. Add the flour, icing sugar and custard powder and use a wooden spoon to stir to combine.
4. Use your hands to roll a teaspoon full of the dough mixture into balls.
5. Place the balls 3 cm apart on the lined trays. Use a fork dusted in icing sugar to gently flatten.
6. Bake in preheated oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 15 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
7. Use an electric mixer to beat the extra butter and icing sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add the lemon rind and juice and beat until combined. Spread the butter mixture over the flat side of half the biscuits and sandwich together with remaining biscuits.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (267g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 723 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 80.4g||107 %|
|Saturated Fat 49.1g||246 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 21.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.7g|
|Cholesterol 393.9mg||121 %|
|Sodium 746.9mg||26 %|
|Potassium 490.6mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 143.6g||42 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 142g|
|Protein 10.7g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1318
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!