1) Preheat oven to 450.
2) Prepare finely diced mirepoix (4 ozs onion, 2 ozs carrots, 2 ozs celery).
3) Arrange oxtails in shallow baking ban and brown (about 10 mins a side). Put the mirepoix in the pan with the oxtails when you turn them.
4) Heat water and wine with beef stock extract, adding tomato sauce, garlic clove, and bouquet garni. Bring to gentle boil, then reduce to simmer.
5) Add browned oxtails to the stock and simmer for 3 hours.
6) Remove the oxtails and cut up the meat. Keep warm in a pan with some of the stock.
7) Strain the stock of the mirepoix, garlic, and bouquet garni.
8) Sweat the diced parsnips, carrots, and leeks (julienne) in butter until they are about half done. Add to the stockpot and re-add the meat. Simmer another 15-20 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (567g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 111 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.3g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.6g||38 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 31.5mg||10 %|
|Sodium 648.1mg||22 %|
|Potassium 665.4mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.7g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 15.5g|
|Protein 2.8g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 234
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.