Hot potato, spicy and crisp on the outside, warm and moist inside. AND it's not fried
1. Preheat oven to 425? F. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. Place baking sheet in oven while the oven is preheating.
2. In a large bowl, combine Cornmeal, cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, cumin, black pepper, oregano and salt. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl beat together the egg white and milk
4. Dip potates in the egg wash
5. Add potatoes to spice mixture and toss to coat. Place potatoes in a single layer in prepared pan. Spray them lightly on top with oil.
Bake, turning occasionally, until potatoes are tender and golden, about 20 - 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
I found that putting the cornmeal mixture in a large plastic bag worked well. You can drop all the pieces in, shake the bag, and fish 'em out with a slotted spoon. While I was at it I oven fried some oysters and a fish fillet.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (144g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 18 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 0.1mg||0 %|
|Sodium 21.7mg||1 %|
|Potassium 571mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 40.5g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 36.1g|
|Protein 6.1g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 200
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.