Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While preheating, chop veggies and get everything ready!
1) Chop onion in half and peel off outside layer (only use half). Dice and chop it up!
2) Mince a little clove of garlic up or use garlic powder, if you want to take the easy way out. (Hey, we all do it.)
3) Dice up tomatoes or use your already diced-up can of tomatoes.
4) Cut the spaghetti squash in two, and spoon out all the wonderful guts into the trash.
5) Drizzle inside of remaining squash with olive oil, pepper, and a tiny bit of salt. Give them a minute or two to sit and soak in the oil.
6) Put squash face down on cookie sheet and stick them in the oven for 40 minutes.
Start the sauce! -
1) Add olive oil into a pan, and drop in diced onions.
2) Once onions start turning a yellowish-color, add garlic and ground beef.
3) Add in Italian seasoning and pepper. You can play around with how much you like in your sauce.
4) Once the meat is cooked, strain out grease and add into a pot.
5) Add in tomatoes and tomato paste into the pot. Here is where I also add jalapeno peppers (optional). Also add more pepper or Italian seasoning if needed.
NOW - take out the spaghetti squash, and fork-strip out the innards onto a plate or two, depending on how many people you have for this. I usually can get about 3 dinners out of this. Pour your sauce on top - and VOILA!
6) Om nom nom
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (963g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 233 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 25.9g||34 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.5g||48 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 102.8mg||32 %|
|Sodium 479.3mg||17 %|
|Potassium 2795.6mg||74 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.6g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.3g||37 %|
|Sugars, other 52.3g|
|Protein 38.6g||55 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 599
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!