Secret to recipe - be sure to cube the cheese, then you will have nice cheesey pockets of cheese throughout the casserole. If you shred the cheese, it has a tendency to be somewhat dry. Also, add extra milk. It needs to be pretty soupy going into the oven to not get too dry. Very good.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
3. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rapid boil.
4. Add macaroni and the 1 TB oil.
5. Cook for 7 minutes, or until somewhat tender.
6. Drain well, and return to the pot.
7. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt 8 TB of the butter.
8. Stir into macaroni.
9. In a large bowl, combine all of the shredded cheeses.
10. To the macaroni, add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheeses, half and half, the cubed cheese and the eggs, and the seasoned salt and pepper.
11. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
12. Dot with remaining 1 TB of the butter.
13. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and bubbly.
14. Serve hot.
15. Serves 8.
My favorite mac and cheese recipe.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (645g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 813 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 90.4g||120 %|
|Saturated Fat 53.2g||266 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 26.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.9g|
|Cholesterol 515.4mg||159 %|
|Sodium 986.5mg||34 %|
|Potassium 875.2mg||23 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 80.7g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 77.6g|
|Protein 46g||66 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1312
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.