1. preheat over to 250 line cookie sheet with paper towels
2. in bowl with fork, lightly beat egg. stir in chives, matzo meal, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. In food processor with shredding disk, shred potatoes, Place potatoes in colander in sink; squeeze out liquid. Stir potatoes into egg mixture.
3. In nonstick 12-inch skillet heat 3 tbpsn oil over med-high heat until very hot. Drop potato mixture by scant 1/4 c into oil to make 6 latkes. Flatten each latke into 3 inch round.
4. Cook latkes 8-10 minutes until both sides are browned and crisp, turning over once. With slotted spatula, transfer to lined cookie sheet. Keep warm.
5. Repeat, stirring mixture each time before frying and adding more oil for each batch. Serve with applesauce and sour cream
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1g)|
|Recipe Makes: 18 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 1.6mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.1g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!