This weeknight cast-iron skillet pizza mimics the sort of crispy and chewy crust you would get from your local pizza joint while leaning on the convenience of time-saving store-bought staples. Best of all, it comes together in 30 minutes or less. And, if you want to really up the ante, try a drizzle of our glorious hot honey just before serving. Ditch delivery and forget frozen -- you’ll never look back.
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F with top rack positioned in the upper quadrant of the oven.
2. Stretch store-bought pizza dough into a flattened 12-inch round, oiling as needed to comply.
3. Place a 12-inch dry cast-iron skillet on the stove over medium-high heat.
4. When the pan is screaming hot, but not smoking, sprinkle the bottom with cornmeal, if using.
5. Working carefully and quickly, flip the flattened dough into the skillet and, with delicate fingers, stretch the dough evenly across the bottom and slightly up the sides of the hot skillet.
6. Brush or drizzle the dough with extra-virgin olive oil (optional) and season to taste with salt and a few grinds of fresh black pepper. If desired, rub a single clove of garlic over the surface of the dough for additional flavor.
7. Spoon the marinara over the crust -- spreading it and swirling it out from edge to edge.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle fresh basil on top and drizzle with hot honey (optional) to serve.
Hot Honey Drizzle:
In a small saucepan, combine honey, hot sauce, and balsamic vinegar on low heat for 5 minutes. Drizzle over warm pizza.
Room temperature pizza dough is easier to stretch, so for a more cooperative dough, let it rest on the counter for at least 30 minutes beforehand.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (277g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 243 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.2g||76 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 90.2mg||28 %|
|Sodium 922.3mg||32 %|
|Potassium 206.9mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.6g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 15.7g|
|Protein 25.9g||37 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 412
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!