As the fall season approaches and visions of pumpkin spice dance in everyone’s heads, we have a different autumnal entree on our minds. This glazed pork chop dish has all the flavors of fall. Cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup, and apples all come together in perfect harmony to comfort you on the cooler days ahead. Cooking pork chops is easier than ever when you’re equipped with a sheet pan and an army of delicious ingredients. This succulent pork chop recipe will soon become your new fall favorite.
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. For the glaze: In a small glass bowl, whisk together maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
3. In a dry, non-stick skillet, toast pecans briefly over low heat until warm and fragrant. Take care not to burn. Add 2 tablespoons of the maple glaze to the pan and cook until pecans are glazed, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool.
4. Season pork chops and apple slices with salt and pepper to taste. The chops should be seasoned a bit more aggressively than the apples. Drizzle the apples and the chops with avocado oil, and then, lightly brush with the maple glaze. Reserve the apples and place the pork chops on a sheet pan in the oven.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the sheet pan from the oven and flip the pork chops. Add the apple slices, giving everything a quick additional brush of the maple glaze.
6. Return to the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes, until the pork chops are thoroughly cooked and the apples are just tender. Allow the chops to rest 5 minutes before serving. Top with apple slices and sprinkle with the glazed pecans and candied ginger (if desired).
You can use boneless or bone-in pork chops for this recipe but, we recommend bone-in for better flavor!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (556g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 332 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 36.9g||49 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.7g||33 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6g|
|Cholesterol 221.8mg||68 %|
|Sodium 654.6mg||23 %|
|Potassium 1422.1mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 70.9g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 65.5g|
|Protein 77.4g||111 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 924
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.