Shrimp Mozambique is one of the most unique and popular dishes in Portuguese cuisine and it comes from the rich historical past of Portuguese exploration. When Portuguese explorers encountered the local tribes of Mozambique in the 15th century, they learned of their use of “piri piri” or peppers, used in making hot sauces and dishes. This use of “piri piri” led to the creation of this unique shrimp dish, which happens to be my personal favorite and that of many around the world. There are many variations to this dish, but in my opinion this is the most simple and delicious way to enjoy it without much hassle.
1) In a bowl add the chopped garlic, piri piri sauce, packet of sazon goya, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix it together.
2) Add the olive oil and half of the butter to a frying pan with the onion and cook until soft, 4-5 minutes over medium heat.
3) Add the contents of the bowl to the pan, stir, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add wine/beer, bring to boil and reduce for 2 minutes over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and the rest of the butter.
4) Cook over medium heat until the shrimp are done.
5) Place the shrimp and sauce in a serving platter and garnish with the parsley. Serve along with the rice. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (139g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 129 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.3g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.7g||39 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 202.7mg||62 %|
|Sodium 188.5mg||7 %|
|Potassium 226.9mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.3g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 9.3g|
|Protein 23.4g||33 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 262
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!