My family absolutely loves these! Quick and tasty! This was the first biscuit recipe I've ever made and it's still my favorite if I want something quick. It's actually a toss up between these and my baking powder biscuits. I think I first made these in 1997 or 98. Use them for a quick breakfast sandwich with egg and bacon too. Yum!
1. In a bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar.
2. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
3. Add egg and milk, stirring quickly and briefly. Knead lightly on floured board.
4. Roll or pat gently to 1-inch thickness. Cut into 1 to 2-inch biscuits. Place in a greased 10-inch iron skillet or on 1 9-inch square pan. For crusty biscuits, separate on a cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
6. I get about 20 biscuits.
30 min | 15 min prep
|Serving Size: 1 Biscuit (6g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20 Biscuits|
|Calories from Fat: 3 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.3g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 9.6mg||3 %|
|Sodium 144.2mg||5 %|
|Potassium 7.6mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.4g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.4g|
|Protein 0.4g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 5
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!