1. Heat oil in a very large stock pot over medium heat. When it's hot, add in chopped onion. Let onions cook, stirring occasionally, until it turns translucent and softens, about 5 minutes.
2. Add chopped parsley and garlic. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add in tomato paste, stirring well to blend it into the onion, parsley, and garlic.
4. Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and remaining spices, stir well.
5. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook on low, covered, for about an hour.
6. Serve or let cool in mason jars, refrigerate, and then freeze for later use.
To make pizza sauce: about 4 cups of the sauce in the pan. Add another can of tomato paste. With a hand immersion blender, blend sauce until smooth. Store in smaller mason jars in the freezer until needed for your favorite homemade pizza!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (8g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 49 (96%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.4g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 523.7mg||18 %|
|Potassium 13.2mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.7g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 0.4g|
|Protein 0.1g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 51
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!