1. Pulse all-purpose flour, cake flour, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in food processor until blended. Add 1/2 cup butter; pulse until cut into smaller pieces. Add shortening; pulse to cut up. Add 4 tablespoons of the water; pulse until dough just begins to form, adding additional water as needed.
2. Shape dough into flat round. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or up to 2 days.
3. Heat oven to 400?F. On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 13-inch round; place in 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim overhang to 1/2 inch; fold overhang under. Firmly press sides of dough all around to extend 1/4 inch above rim of pan. Line crust with foil; fill with pie weights or dried beans.
4. Bake crust 15 minutes; remove foil and weights. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown. (If crust puffs during baking, poke with fork to break air pockets.) Cool on wire rack.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 300?F. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; stir in pecans until well-coated. Cook 4 minutes or until pecans are deep golden brown and smell fragrant, stirring constantly. Spread on parchment paper-lined baking sheet; cool completely.
6. Meanwhile, whisk eggs in heavy medium saucepan until blended. Whisk in 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add 1/4 cup butter; cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until butter melts and sugar dissolves, whisking constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Place tart pan on rimmed baking sheet. Pour hot filling into crust; sprinkle with pecans (pan will be full).
7. Bake at 300?F. for 25 to 35 minutes or just until fully set and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove tart from baking sheet; cool completely.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (284g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 618 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 68.7g||92 %|
|Saturated Fat 28.9g||144 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.4g|
|Cholesterol 489.3mg||151 %|
|Sodium 554.1mg||19 %|
|Potassium 360.6mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 92.5g||27 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 88.2g|
|Protein 19.5g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1049
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!