1. Crack peppercorns by putting in a ziploc bag and using the flat side of a meat mallet to break them (I do this on a towel on the garage concrete floor)
2. Press peppercorns into both sides of the meat.
3. Heat butter in saute pan over medium heat; 8-12 minutes for medium-rare; 12-14 for medium. Transfer steaks to plate and keep warm. Reserve drippings in skillet.
4. Combine wine and broth in smal bowl; pour into skillet over medium heat.
5. Add whipping cream and mustard and bring to a boil. Boil gently for 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture is reduced by 1/2. A good way to know it's done is to look between the bubbles-when the spaces between the bubbles become darker than their surroundings - it's done.
6. Pour sauce over steak.
I serve this with mushroom rice and roasted asparagus; it's a hit EVERY time.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (407g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 183 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.3g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.2g||51 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 111.8mg||34 %|
|Sodium 884.8mg||31 %|
|Potassium 622.1mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.3g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 1.9g|
|Protein 28.1g||40 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 331
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!