1. Rinse the white and forbidden rice together in cold water then drain. Add 1 cup of water and soak for 30 minutes at room temperature to overnight in the refrigerator until rice grains turn opaque all around.
2. Add the rice with its soaking water into a medium pot. The water should come up to about 1/4 inch above rice. Place the pumpkin pieces in one layer on top of the rice.
3. Cook the rice over medium-low heat, covered, for approximately 20-30 minutes, until it smells warm and toasty.
4. Turn off the heat and let it rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the lid and fluff up the rice all around with a wet rice paddle or wet wooden spoon.
To store leftover rice, portion and individually wrap in plastic. Store in the freezer. When you need it, unwrap and put in a microwave for 2-3 minutes for 1 serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (127g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 13 (6%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.4g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 3.6mg||0 %|
|Potassium 93.4mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 44.9g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 43.1g|
|Protein 3.9g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 213
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!