A great snack, meal or appetizer that you can eat warm or cold. I use mission low carb tortillas or Mama Lupes low carb tortillas for a tasty low carb option. These tortillas are pan fried, and stuffed with ground beef, onion, egg and cheese. Other ingredients can be substituted as well.
1. Scramble the eggs, and remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Put chopped onion, and garlic into the pan and lightly brown. Add the ground beef salt and pepper and brown. Remove from heat and put mixture in a bowl.
3. In the middle of a tortilla, put 1 tablespoon shredded cheese, 2 heaping tablespoons ground beef mixture, and 1 tablespoon egg.
4. Fold the tortilla into a square or envelope and seal the edges with the cream cheese.
5. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
6. Pan fry the sealed tortillas until golden brown on both sides. Use butter or olive oil in the pan if you prefer.
7. Serve warm, cold, with ranch or salsa as a dip or as is.
Make sure that you seal the edges well with the cream cheese. Try different stuffings.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (382g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 161 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.9g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.2g||36 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 135.6mg||42 %|
|Sodium 359.2mg||12 %|
|Potassium 616.8mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 35.3g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.5g||46 %|
|Sugars, other 23.7g|
|Protein 23.4g||33 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 363
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.