Sweet Potato Casserole is arguably one of the BEST parts of any holiday dinner. We also LOVE sweet potato pie. So we mashed the two together for this SIMPLE and DELICIOUS tart filled with tender sweet potato slices, brown sugar, and crumbly, buttery toppings for a sensational twist on a family classic.
Source: Big Oven Original
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Transfer pie crust to a 9-inch tart pan. Make sure the dough is evenly pressed into the bottom and scalloped sides of the pan. Prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the crust is just beginning to turn light golden brown. Remove from the oven, set aside to cool, and keep the oven heated.
3. While the crust is cooling, prepare the sweet potatoes. Toss the peeled and sliced sweet potatoes with the melted butter, ground cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and orange zest.
4. Arrange sweet potatoes in a circular pattern in the pie crust. The sweet potatoes should be overlapping.
5. Prepare the streusel topping. Whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Use a fork to cut the cubed butter into the dry ingredients. Then, stir in the pecan pieces. Evenly sprinkle the streusel topping on top of the sweet potatoes.
6. Bake the tart for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the streusel topping has caramelized. Keep a close eye on the tart during baking to make sure the crust isn’t overly browning. If the crust appears too dark, cover the edges with aluminum foil. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing. Serve warm or at room temperature
Using a mandoline or food processor with slicing attachment is the easiest way to create thin, uniformsliced potatoes
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (47g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 67 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.4g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 9.2mg||3 %|
|Sodium 55.8mg||2 %|
|Potassium 119.5mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.6g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 17.2g|
|Protein 1.2g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 142
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.