1. Pour enough canola oil into a dutch oven or frying pan that is comes up from the bottom about an inch to an inch and a half.
2. Heat the oil on medium high to high heat, you’re looking for the chicken to cook and brown in about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the cornstarch to a large ziplock bag.
4. Add the chicken pieces to the large ziplock bag and shake until all the pieces are well coated.
5. Dip the pieces into the egg, then into the flour before adding to the hot oil.
6. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes, until cooked through and crispy.
7. Remove to a cookie sheet (no paper towels!) and continue cooking all the chicken pieces.
8. When done cooking remove all but a tablespoon of the oil.
9. Add the bell peppers, onion and pineapple and cook for 1-2 minutes, until crisp-tender.
10. Add the sauce back in and stir to coat the pieces and cook for 30 seconds to help the garlic warm through.
11. Add the chicken pieces back in and stir until the sauce has thickened and bubbling.
12. Serve immediately, with optional garnishes of sesame seeds or green onions.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (126g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 5 (6%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.6g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 834.7mg||29 %|
|Potassium 267.1mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.9g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 11.3g|
|Protein 5.2g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 80
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!