1. In a large stock pot or deep frying pan heat oil on medium heat and gently saute the garlic & onion for about 2-3 minutes
2. Add pepperoni, and continue to stir and cook for 2 minutes
3. Add parsley, stir, and cook for 1 minute
4. Now, you have 2 options. 1, you can puree the canned tomatoes in a blender, and pour into the pan, or you can use a food mill. Using a food mill will require the sauce to cook down about an additional hour to achieve the right consistency. Once you have added the 2 cans of tomatoes either via blender or food mill, add the can of puree and stir well
5. Add Oregano, Basil, Red Pepper Flakes, Pepper, Salt, stir well, and cover. Reduce heat to low, and let cook 30 - 45 minutes stirring about every 10 minutes. Taste & adjust spices according to preference.
6. Sauce can be frozen for later use, and will stay fresh for some time if sealed in a air tight container in the fridge. You can leave the sauce out covered overnight on the stove top. Covered,
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (263g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 135 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 29.4mg||9 %|
|Sodium 588.1mg||20 %|
|Potassium 1075.6mg||28 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.7g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 15.8g|
|Protein 10.2g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 247
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.