1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees and coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2) Toast the coconut. Place the coconut in a thin layer on a baking sheet. Place into the oven and watch very carefully so it doesn't burn. Toss to brown evenly. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
3) Combine flours, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add the toasted coconut and combine.
4) Using an immersion blender, mix together the egg, butter, milk and vanilla until well combined. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in most of the blueberries gently into the muffin batter.
5) Divide the batter along muffin cups. Sprinkle the (untoasted) coconut evenly over the top of each muffin followed by the remaining blueberries.
6) Bake for 18-20 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (113g)|
|Recipe Makes: 11 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 67 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.4g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.7g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 30.8mg||9 %|
|Sodium 2608.7mg||90 %|
|Potassium 145.9mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 31.8g|
|Protein 5.9g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 225
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!