1. Preheat oven to 450F. In a small pot, combine RICE, 1-1/4 cups WATER, and 1/4 teaspoon SALT, and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir once, reduce heat to medium low, cover pot, and simmer until water is fully absorbed, 10-12 minutes. Remove pot from heat and let stand, still covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff RICE with a fork, then cover again to keep warm until ready to serve.
2. While rice cooks, rinse all produce. Halve CUCUMBER lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise into 1/4-inch half-moons. Roughly chop CILANTRO and MINT leaves, discarding stems. Roughly chop PEANUTS. Trim and discard SCALLION roots and thinly slice, keeping whites and light greens separate from dark greens. Halve LIMES. Halve THAI CHILE lengthwise; using a knife tip, discard seeds and stem, then thinly slice.
3. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil. In a large bowl, combine SPICE MIX, 2 teaspoons FISH SAUCE, SCALLION WHITES and LIGHT GREENS, 1/2 teaspoon SALT, and PEPPER as desired. Pat BEEF dry with paper towel and add to bowl. Using your hands, mix well, then form into 14 equal balls, about 1-inch thick. Arrange MEATBALLS on prepared baking sheet, spacing apart as much a possible.
4. Bake MEATBALLS until slightly browned and cooked through, 7-9 minutes.
5. While meatballs bake, in a medium bowl, whisk together BROWN SUGAR, juice of 1 LIME, remaining FISH SAUCE, and 1/4 cup WARM WATER until sugar is dissolved. Add SHREDDED CARROTS and THAI CHILE to bowl with sauce and stir to combine. Set DRESSING aside until ready to serve.
6. Add SCALLION DARK GREENS to pot with rice and stir to combine. Divide RICE between serving bowls. Top with VIETNAMESE BEEF MEATBALLS, then add CUCUMBER, CILANTRO, MINT and PEANUTS. Drizzle over CARROTS and DRESSING. Cut remaining LIME into wedges and serve alongside for squeezing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (574g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 303 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 33.6g||45 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.2g||56 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.3g|
|Cholesterol 115.7mg||36 %|
|Sodium 2667.6mg||92 %|
|Potassium 1214.5mg||32 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 98.9g||29 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.1g||41 %|
|Sugars, other 88.7g|
|Protein 44.6g||64 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 850
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!