1. Rinse beans and combine with the broth and boullion in a large stockpot. Simmer covered for 2 hours, until the beans have softened and are tender.
2. Saute onions in oil until golden in color; add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Drain the chilies and add to the onion mixture along with the cumin, oregano and cayenne. Mix well. Add to the beans.
4. Add cooked, shredded chicken to the stockpot. Simmer 20-30 minutes until the beans are soft. Taste for salt and pepper.
5. Add sour cream and monterey jack cheese and continue cooking until cheese melts.
Serve with optional garnishes: Chopped green onions, fresh cilantro, lime wedges, diced tomatoes, or chopped fresh serrano chilies.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (731g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 443 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 49.2g||66 %|
|Saturated Fat 21.1g||105 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.8g|
|Cholesterol 177.3mg||55 %|
|Sodium 1997mg||69 %|
|Potassium 1774.6mg||47 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.5g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 19.1g||77 %|
|Sugars, other 42.4g|
|Protein 62g||89 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 927
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.