1. Combine the milk and vinegar and set aside
2. Using a large bowl, sift the spelt, whole wheat pastry flour, flax, sea salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg, and whisk again once it’s in the bowl.
3. Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract and oil to the milk, and combine very well, add this to the dry ingredients and combine until just mixed, do not over mix, seeing bubbles is good, set aside for 5 minutes.
4. Use a non stick pan and have a small cup of high heat oil nearby, each pancake will need fresh oil. Heat the pan and oil on medium high until hot then turn down the heat to medium low add the batter ¼ cup at a time and cook the first side for 1min 30 seconds, the other side for 1 minute. I use a timer for consistency. I like to wipe our the pan wit paper towel then using a brush lightly coat with oil for next pancake. As they are done stack them on a plate to keep warm.
5. Add the chopped chocolate to small stainless steel bowl, heat the milk until bubbly and add it to the chocolate, let it sit for a minute then stir until chocolate is smooth and creamy, add a pinch of sea salt if you like.
When plating, add the pancakes then berries, with sauce and maple syrup on the side. if you want to get wild, try coconut whipped cream on top.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (155g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 84 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.3g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.3g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 16.5mg||5 %|
|Sodium 24478.9mg||844 %|
|Potassium 162.9mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.4g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 15.1g|
|Protein 4.5g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 169
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!