1. Chop a few strips of bacon into small chunks. By the way, this is the best bacon I've found out there. It's "Wright" bacon, and when you open the pack it smells like smoky goodness. It's very thick and super flavorful. Also, at this point, begin cooking your fettuccine pasta until al dente and set aside (Don't forget to add a generous amount of salt to the water as boiling begins).
2. Sautee bacon chunks until fat is rendered and bacon is crisp. After bacon has rendered, take out of the pan with a slotted spoon and empty half of bacon oil.
3. While bacon renders take care of all of your veggie chopping and preparation.
4. Add Olive Oil, onions, and a pinch of salt to pan, cook for a few minutes until onions are browned. Once onions have browned a bit add garlic and cook until fragrant.
5. Add peas, half amount of chives, and pinch of salt to pan. Allow to cook for a minute or two until peas are cooked through.
6. Add al dente pasta, heavy cream, remaining chives, and Italian parsley to pan. Allow to cook together for a couple minutes.
7. Finish with Parmesan cheese and serve in large bowl. Put a couple of chives on top to make it look extra awesome and gourmet...
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (410g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Recipe|
|Calories from Fat: 386 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 42.8g||57 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.1g||61 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 140.6mg||43 %|
|Sodium 1925.2mg||66 %|
|Potassium 258.6mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 113g||33 %|
|Dietary Fiber 14.3g||57 %|
|Sugars, other 98.8g|
|Protein 41.8g||60 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 966
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!