Ready in 40 minutes
As seen on Everyday Foods. Quick to prepare, and very flavourful.
"Wonderful flavor! I never realized how flavorful feta cheese is. And it was a pretty easy recipe although I had trouble stuffing the cheese inside the chicken. Next time I may just put the cheese on top after cooking the chicken. "- DrCool
Top-ranked recipe named "Chicken Breast stuffed with Feta Cheese and Oregano"
1. Make stuffing by combining feta and oregano in a bowl.
2. Create pocket in the thick end of the breast, without going through the other side. Stuff cheese evenly into the pockets. Season generously with salt and pepper on both sides
3. Heat pan at medium low before adding oil, so that the oil heats right away but does not start smoking.
4. Turn heat up to medium high and sear chicken for 6 - 7 minutes per side. Do not stir or touch until nicely browned to ensure they don't stick to the pan. Turn heat down to medium heat, cover and cook for an addition 5 - 8 minutes until chicken is cooked throughout.
5. Remove chicken from pan. Add chicken stock to pan and losen brown bit from pan to disolve into liquid. Add juice of 1/2 a lemon to pan and simmer for a minute or two. Turn head to low or off an swirl butter into sauce until disolved.
Serve chicken sliced to show off stuffing, and topped with sauce.
When searing, sear the side that you will serve facing up first, as the first side to be seared always comes out looking better.
Dais80 1 month agoVery simple to make...
payne_sam 2 months ago
Vanrat 5 months agoDelicious and loved it. Will definitely make this again. We served with mixed vegs and boiled potato and put some pan juice over them.
sheilasmith 5 months agoMade this tonight for my family...It was good but I think it would be better with a different sauce. Maybe one made with some chicken stock and wine instead of one made with the lemon juice. I'd definitely make again though!
Amyreneewheeler 5 months ago
tlkhorses 6 months agoWas really good though a bit dry. Probably my cooking technique. Be sure to make your pockets as deep as you can to stuff them.
edwardii 7 months ago
bastonrach 8 months agoHard for the chicken to cook evenly. Needs more flavour however sauce isnt good. Receipe could be great if reworked a little bit.
LidaRose 8 months agoIf you like feta, this is excellent
sletiger 9 months ago